Wednesday 3 August 2011

Sad News

Dear Friends,
I learnt earlier today (wednesday) that my dear friend and room mate of the past year, Zaid Khasro, the Iraqi primo, has been killed in a car accident. This has shocked all of us here and especially me, as I knew him the best out of all the people here. As such I am finding it very difficult, but will try to speak to the relevant people as soon as possible. Also having social service gives me something to do. It is very hard being so 'connected' yet so far, on things like Facebook... Overall the social service is going well, we have decided to focus on the children's centre in the favela more as the homeless centre is quite alright without our 'help'. I will try to write more soon,
Robin

This is a photo showing from left to right Christian (Indonesia), Moritz (Italy, Sud Tirol), Me, Zaid and Raymond (Hong Kong), all first years, some time in the first term.

No comments:

Post a Comment